At last week’s event in New York, Samsung officially announced the much anticipated follow-up to the Galaxy S3, unsurprisingly called the Galaxy S4! Here is the official video about the new device.
Most of the rumours beforehand turned out to be correct – here is the specification for the device:
- A 4.99″ Full HD Super AMOLED screen (1,920 x 1080 pixels).
- The screen can be operated by hovering fingers over it as well as touching it.
- An octa-core processor (that’s 8 cores!) – 4 high-power cores and 4 power-efficient cores.
- A 2,600mAh battery.
- A 13 megapixel camera.
- 2GB of RAM.
- Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
- An IR transmitter so the phone can be used as a remote control.
These specifications are really only minor improvements over the S3, however there are other software innovations such as the ability to take photos with both front and back cameras at once so that you can superimpose yourself into group photos. There is also the option to scroll on the phone just by using your eyes.
The phone should be available globally from the end of April. No pricing information is available but presumably it will be at a similar price to the S3’s launch price (around £500 sim free).